Book a tour: Northwest Vietnam Motorcycle Tours 8D 7N | Best Off-road Ride
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Northwest Vietnam Motorcycle Tours will provide you with many emotions that you will not find anywhere else. You will find a whole new dimension to the Northwest region, a land full of messages and charm.
Riding on a motorbike, you can admire the magnificent terraced fields of Mu Cang Chai. You can also enjoy the beautiful sight of tea plantations and flower fields on the Moc Chau plateau. Our tour guarantees that this excursion will be worth your while.
Overview of Northwest Vietnam Motorcycle Tours
Trip Validity: all year
Time: 8 days and 7 nights (duration can be extended on request)
Distance: approximately 1.200km
Level: Intermediate to Expert
The North Vietnam Motorcycle Tours take place over 8 days and 7 nights and are planned as follows:
Day 1: Ha Noi To Muong Waterfall
After breakfast at the hotel, the group will gather in the lobby to prepare to depart to the bike parking lot by taxi ( Our tour guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby ). Ideally, we would begin our journey on bikes at around 8:15 am to avoid the busy morning traffic of Hanoi.
Soon, you will uncover impressive sights of natural rivers, flowing stream beds, and lively jungles. Once you reach the homestay located next to a tranquil waterfall, you are free to enjoy yourself while swimming in the cooling water of the National Reserve Park’s alluring waterfall.
Day 2: Muong Waterfall To Moc Chau Plateau
Nothing will compare to waking up to the cheerful sound of chirping birds and scenery of refreshing greenery. This is no doubt a great start for an action-packed day ahead. After 50km of dirt paths, you will be greeted with lunch with the White Thai tribe at Mai Chau valley.
Then, down the abandoned road of National Highway No.6 is a 50km long off-road alongside the whimsical Da river.
Day 3: Moc Chau Plateau To Bac Yen Town
Day 3 is once again an action-packed day, full of adventures, which is perfectly suitable for avid fans of off-road riding.
You will be given a brief tour of Moc Chau after a delicious breakfast. On this day, you are given a chance to show off your amazing off-riding skill due to the many different terrains you will come across.
After riding through gravel stones, sheer cliffs, and swampy mud, you will be rewarded with even more exotic landscapes and views. There is also an opportunity to educate yourself on the culture of the Black H’mong tribe.
Bac Yen town will be your ideal resting place at the end of the active day.
Day 4: Bac Yen Town To Ngoc Chien Water Spring
Hopefully, you can get a good night's sleep because today will be the lengthiest and most arduous day of the entire trip.
You will have to conquer more than 90km of dirt road before being rewarded with the fascinating civilization of the Dao, Tay, and H’mong tribes.
You should prepare yourself to be challenged with a plethora of treacherous and slippery streams or lofty sloped lined with mud and gravel stones.
Day 5: Ngoc Chien To Mu Cang Chai Terraced Rice Fields
You should hope that luck is on your side and you are treated with good weather.
The fifth day is considered a difficult challenge even for intermediate drivers with plenty of experience. While the day ahead might be hard, you can still experience feelings of excitement and exhilaration as you ride through different slopes and streams.
Day 6: Mu Cang Chai To Sapa
After two days of hard work, the sixth day will definitely be a much-needed change of pace. This easy and relaxing ride is filled with monumental scenery, exciting gravel roads, and windswept tracks.
You will have all the freedom to discover and experience Sapa in its most beautiful form for the whole day.
Day 7: Sapa To Thac Ba Lake
You will definitely be mesmerized by the stunning Northwest mountains. The colorful sight of traditional costumes, blue sky, green valley, and the hospitality and friendliness of the locals here will no doubt capture your heart.
After saying goodbye to the locals, you will embark on a 240km journey to finally reach Thac Ba lake for a well-deserved break. You will get a chance to freshen up and take a cooling shower to wind down.
Day 8: Thac Ba Lake To Hanoi
Today will be the perfect ending to your 8 days 7 nights trip. Your journey back to the bustling city of Hanoi includes riding through the tranquil town of Phu Tho, the flowing Red river, and the impressive Black river.
As you cross the Black river bridge, Hanoi will only be a short distance away. Most importantly, your trip is guaranteed to end before the stressful traffic rush hour.
- Honda CRF250l and XR 150l locomotives are available depending on your preferences
- The program's main meals
- Professional guide with great enthusiasm
- Gasoline and admission tickets to the program's attractions
- Tents and camping equipment
- Hotels and homestays
- Helmets, gloves, and other protective equipment
- Single room supplements
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages such as beer
- There is no support vehicle included. If you require a pickup truck, the fee is 150 USD per day, including the driver.
The total price of the tour will vary depending on many factors. However, if you would like to have an estimate of the cost, feel free to use our tour cost calculator tool. Note that this tool only applies to private groups. If you have any questions or queries, don't hesitate to contact us directly for useful answers.
- You must bring valid identification (such as an ID card or a passport).
- Bring insect repellent, common cold medicine, toothbrush, toothpaste, and separate towels.
- If you are a vegetarian, make sure to prepare your own food supply since the food option available might be quite limited.
- The tour guide reserves the right to rearrange the order of attractions to accommodate the conditions of each specific departure date while still ensuring that all attractions are included in the program.
- Because the tours utilize small cars, you should avoid bulky or oversized luggage. It is recommended that you bring backpacks rather than hard suitcases.
- To avoid blisters when wearing shoes during the journey, you should cut your toenails to the appropriate length.
- Bring one pair of slippers or sandals to cross the stream and wear at the shack.
- To avoid insect bites and terrain collisions, wear two pairs of long, thick socks.
- Bring woolen scarfs for when the temperature gets cold.
- Thermal patches: 2-3 pieces for use in the mountains at night.
- Back-up charger.
- Personal items: sunscreen, sunglasses, and personalized medicine.
- A light jacket will keep you warm during nights in the mountain.
- Two pairs of cool athletic pants with good elasticity (preferably thin, light, quick-drying, and water-resistant pants).
This article summarizes the most appealing Northwest Vietnam Motorcycle Tours and the necessary items to bring, and the tips from those who have experienced them. You can choose the best path based on your interests, experience level, and desires. We wish you a pleasant and safe journey.
What riders have said about Vietnam Motorcycle Tours on Tripadvisor!
No details found.
No details found.
No details found.
No Details Found