Book a tour: Motorbike Tour Ho Chi Minh Trail At A Glance: Hanoi to HCMC 12D 11N
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
If you have a chance to visit Vietnam, don’t miss the opportunity to travel to the beautiful spots by motorbike. One of the most preferred tours for foreign visitors is the long trip from the capital to the Ho Chi Minh trail motorbike tour.
Check our detailed itinerary if you are interested in a motorbike tour Ho Chi Minh trail from Hanoi to Saigon.
Suggested Plan for Motorbike Tour Ho Chi Minh Trail
The First Leg
Day 1. Hanoi to Mai Chau (200km)
- Have breakfast at 8.00 am, then take a bus to Vietnamontrails Garage
- Take the motorbike there and start the journey to Mai Chau valley
- Travel on different roads: smooth roads, rough roads, and village tracks
- Enjoy spectacular screnery of limestone mountains and the charming beauty of the valley there.
- Have picnic lunch at break time
Day 2. Mai Chau to Tan Ky (300km)
- Ride through narrow paved roads of mountain villages, then uneven roads on the Ho Chi Minh trail.
- Discover the most famous historical place in Vietnam - the Ho Chi Minh trail
- Stop at a local restaurant for lunch.
- Arrive in Tan Ky town in the afternoon
Day 3. Tan Ky to Phong Nha (300km)
- Have breakfast, then continue to move from Tan Ky to Phong Nha
- After a picnic lunch, go to the hotel
- Go sightseeing by boat and admire the impressive scenery of Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park ( Son river with giant caves)
Day 4. Phong Nha to Khe Sanh (250km)
- Explore the Old Military Dike - an old battlefield left over from the Vietnam War.
- Widen your eyes with the beautiful natural landscape along winding, hilly road
- Go for lunch at a local restaurant.
The Second Stage
Day 5. Khe Sanh to Hue (190km)
- Along the way from downhill to the coastal area, historical places left after Wartime, such as A Shau valley or the Da Krong Bridge.
- Ride through the paddy field and enjoy the fresh air and National road No.1 to reach Hue city
Day 6 Hue to Hoi An (150km)
- Visit Hue Ancient Capital and join a boat cruise on the Huong River in the morning.
- In the afternoon, go along the National Highway 1, Hai Van Pass, to get to Hoi An
- Dinner is served by the hotel
- Rest overnight in Hoi An at the booked hotel
Day 7. Hoi An (Relaxing)
Hoi An is one of the famous tourist attractions in Vietnam thanks to the unique blend of Vietnamese, Japanese, and Chinese influences in architecture and a variety of folk festivals, impressive culinary art, and traditions.
Here are things you would love to do at Hoi An:
- Visit the Japanese bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Quan Cong temple, museum of trading ceramics, or silk village.
- Walk around the old town where buildings were designed with gorgeous architecture or visit lantern markets at night.
- Try local food such as spring roll, pho noodles, Cao Lao, or banh xeo - a type of pancake.
- Buy sophisticated handmade souvenirs as gifts for your friends or family.
- Immense in the festive atmosphere during the monthly held festival - Nights of Hoi An (on every 14th of the lunar month)
Day 8. Hoi An to Kon Tum (300km)
- Take a ride on the rough and narrow road to the Western mountainous area of Vietnam.
- Have a chance to view Kon-Tum wooden church, ancient village, and other outstanding destinations
- Stay at the hotel after having the evening meal
The Final Part
Day 9. Kon Tum to Buon Me Thuot (250km)
- Head for the valley and highland - where you will wow at the beauty of nature
- Move on the dirt road and even road along the borderline between Vietnam and Cambodia.
- View some top attractions like Dray Nur waterfall, the world coffee museum, Hoa Nghiem temple.
- Grab lunch on the road
- Dinner served by the hotel - a place you put up
Day 10. Buon Me Thuot to Da lat (250km)
- Go further south to the highlands area, where you can find a beautiful waterfall, vast farming land, etc.,
- Travel on the dirt path and narrow paved road
- Access Da Lat city, which is well known for colorful flower gardens, lush forest, and hilltown
- Dinner offered by the hotel where you rest overnight
Day 11. Dalat – Nam Cat Tien (250km)
- Leave for Nam Cat Tien; you will go downhill to visit the last Nature Reserve.
- Run motorbikes on a rough road
- Have lunch at a local restaurant
- Dinner is available at the hotel
Day 12. Nam Cat Tien to Sai Gon (180km)
- Drive motorbike on the flat road then cross the river by ferry
- Finish the tour here and transfer by taxi or bus to the hotel
Ho Chi Minh Trail Motorbike Tour will suit those who love exploration and adventure. It is a great way to create pleasant memories or give you more energy and motivation after hard days at work.
The article aims at providing readers with a well-planned motorbike tour Ho Chi Minh trail from Hanoi to Saigon. Hopefully, it will help you have the necessary information and prepare better for the motorbike tour.
What riders have said about Vietnam Motorcycle Tours on Tripadvisor!
No details found.
No details found.
No details found.
No Details Found